Monday 25 June 2012

The beginning... sort of...

Ok, welcome to my blog! I'm Mum, I have lovely (but exhausting) children, Son and Daughter aged 7 and 6. I also now have a rather lovely Husband-To-Be (henceforth shortened to HTB)... and this is where things get interesting.

You see after getting married very young and having it rather quickly turn into an utter train wreck, I found myself a single mum to a baby and a very young toddler. It took it's toll financially and left some pretty deep scars on my mental health. Anyhoo... a few years later I'm sorted, the kids are doing fine, I run my own home business, they see their Dad pretty regularly... and I've gotten pretty good at the "dating" thing. So that was me pretty much set, I swore blind I would never get married or have a "serious" partner again. As far as the kids could remember it was just us 3, and we were doing just dandy! Why complicate a life with little things like love, partnership, mutual support? Right?

Erm... no... thankfully very wrong. Last year I met HTB, I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, but actually it wasn't far off! We told each other we loved each other after 2 weeks... and a month ago, after many up's and downs he proposed... and I said yes.

Now I'm sure this story will have a "happily ever after" ending (I hope so anyway!). But, I have a feeling that with kids, ex-partners and two very independant people coming together it'll be an interesting journey to the altar.

First challenge: Getting a family home... stay tuned folks, this should be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment