Monday 2 July 2012

Hang on tight...

Wow... busy week! Do you ever get that feeling that your making things happen faster than you can deal with them happening... but you can't complain about it because you made them happen in the first place!!

That is exactly where I am right now. HTB and I thought with the wedding date we've sort-of-but-not-definately set being 15 months away, we'd start looking at houses with a view to moving in together in about 8 to 10 months time. Anyhoo, last week up cherps a message on facebook from HTB -(he has zero mobile coverage where he works)- "I've found a house."

A couple of days later we're agreeing the lease details on THE PERFECT house. I've always been a bit of a tree huggin' hippy at heart, and this place is fantastic, tiny village, beautiful countryside, landlord fully supportive of plans for extensive veg patch and chickens, AND... they still get fast broadband and is in range of supermarket home deliverys.

So now here I am with 5 weeks to do what I though I had at least 6 months to, school places need sorting, utilities need moved, tax credits need to be totally re-hashed as I once again move closer to "smug married" status. And my constant protest of "I'm not stressed/panicing... I'm just excited" is fooling nobody, despite the fact it is at least partly true. Ok, I may be a little stressed... but I very, very excited too.

No comments:

Post a Comment